I came up with the topic of writing about the town where my folks grew up. I looked it up on Wikipedia and saw no written articles about them. I thought for a second this indeed was a decent topic to write about, however, after reading a few articles on “Literary Journalism” I was inspired to write a piece about the restaurant workplace.
Since literary journalism celebrates real life and real people, I will try to put into writing a collective experience of my fellow servers and the challenges servers face in the restaurant industry. (I know it sounds vague and very ambitious but i will try to write a decent piece for my co-workers to ridicule and scrutinize.) I work part-time on a restaurant in Midtown and so I’m fortunate enough to have direct access to the subject.
Ideas are still brewing in my head and I’m still unclear to where this topic will actually take me but I know I have to do actual interviews and research online about the restaurant industry. I’m planning to publish it as option 2 of the class’ research project so I will be doing research on online magazine and their submission/publishing policies as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment